|Last week, the five-member Sundown District school board held their monthly
meeting. The five members were seated in chairs #1-5 left-to-right from
the perspective of the citizens attending the open meeting. Each member,
including the one from Jefferson Township, made a proposal for the board's
consideration and vote; and all five proposals passed unanimously. From
the board minutes below, can you find in which chair #1-5 each board member
sat, the member's full name, the Sundown District locale he or she represents
on the board, and the proposal he or she made as the group conducted school
- Marie sat in the chair next to those of the board member from Glencoe
and the member who proposed buying a new Driver's Ed vehicle.
- Board member Avila isn't the one who proposed hiring a new baseball
- Lisa isn't the member who proposed repairing the elementary school
gymnasium nor the member who proposed purchasing new high school band
- Board member Carson didn't sit in chair 5 during the meeting.
- Marie, who isn't East, and the member from Summerset are in their first
terms on the school board.
- Karen sat next to Nick and East at the meeting.
- The member from Brothers Valley was immediately flanked by John and
the person who proposed hiring the baseball coach.
- The person who proposed sending the district's supervising principal
to a management conference was seated next to board member Downey and
the representative from Summerset.
- Board member Broome sat next to the Indian Lake representative, who
isn't the member who proposed repairing the elementary school gym.
- Nick and the member from Glencoe, who isn't Downey, are retired
Sundown District teachers.