|Instructions for Picture Puzzle
- Puzzle Goal
Unscramble the picture.
- Mouse Control
Click on a puzzle piece to select it. Click on a second piece to swap it with the first piece selected.
Selecting multiple pieces allows you to move them as a group. To select multiple pieces, hold down the shift key while clicking on pieces.
The group of selected pieces may be moved by clicking (without the shift key down) on a destination location or by using the arrow keys or
buttons. Note that, when selecting multiple pieces, the first piece you select is the 'control' piece. This is indicated visually; the
lines in the corners of the 'control' piece are thicker than in the other pieces. When you click to move the group of pieces,
the 'control' piece will move to that target location.
To unselect all pieces, click with the right mouse button or hit the escape key or click in the 'control' piece.
- Keyboard Control
- Arrows shift puzzle (if zero or one pieces are selected) or selected pieces (if more than one piece is selected)
up, down, left, or right. The arrow buttons can also be used.
- ctrl-z will undo a move or shuffle. Multiple moves may be undone.
- ctrl-y will redo an undone move or shuffle.
Note that after clicking one of the buttons below the picture (Save, Shuffle, or Hide/Show Grid Lines), you
must click on the picture before using the keyboard controls.
- Shuffle rescrambles the puzzle.
- Save records your progress. When you revisit this puzzle, your progress will be automatically loaded. Visit the help for more information.
- Hide/Show Grid Lines toggles whether or not the lines between puzzles blocks are shown.
- Arrows buttons shift puzzle (if zero or one pieces are selected) or selected pieces (if more than one piece is selected)
up, down, left, or right. The arrow keys on the keyboard can also be used.