|Word Square 12 is a 6x6 grid into which the letters in the word MONEY
have been written so that each letter occurs once and only once in each row
and column of the square. The letters may or may not be scrambled in a row
or column, and a space appears somewhere in each row and column to fill the
grid. An example of a Word Square with the word HELPS is
|1 ||L ||S ||H || ||E ||P |
|2 ||H || ||E ||P ||S ||L |
|3 ||E ||H || ||L ||P ||S |
|4 || ||P ||S ||E ||L ||H |
|5 ||S ||L ||P ||H || ||E |
|6 ||P ||E ||L ||S ||H || |
Given the clues about letter and space locations that follow, you should be
able to solve our MONEY Logic Puzzle by reconstructing Word Square 12.
(Note: Letter locations are given without regard to the spaces; for
example, the 3rd letter in column 1 would mean the letter in either the 3rd
or 4th row, depending on where the space is.)
- Down column 2, the M in one row is followed by E in the next row.
- Y is the 2nd letter down column 5.
- O is the 4th letter across row 1.
- The row 3 space isn't in column 1.
- E is the 2nd letter across row 4.
- The row 2 space is followed in the next column by M.
- E is the 5th letter down column 1.
- O is the 2nd letter down column 4.
- Y isn't the 5th letter across row 5.
- M is the 1st letter across row 5.
- E is the 2nd letter across row 2.
- The column 3 O is followed in the next row by M.
- Down column 4, E and then N are in consecutive rows.
- N appears earlier across row 3 than Y does.