|Among Georgia George's favorite knickknacks are nine Wodgeweed thimbles,
which she keeps in a 3x3 curio box. Each thimble is a different color
and each is overlaid in white with a different person or character associated
with England, one with Robin Hood. From the description of the contents
of the box below, can you determine which thimble--its color and character--is
in each of the nine spaces in the curio box?
- The yellow thimble is in the box directly above the Henry VIII thimble,
which occupies one of the four corner positions.
- The William Shakespeare and the black thimble are in the same box row.
- The Winston Churchill thimble is directly to the right of the blue
- Georgia's favorite thimble, the one of Sherlock Holmes, touches (i.e.
horizontally, verically, or diagonally) the black and orange thimbles,
which are in the same box column.
- On the upper-left-to-lower-right diagonal of the box, the Diana, Princess
of Wales thimble is one cell to the lower right of the green thimble.
- The Beatles thimble, which isn't orange, is left of the brown thimble
in one row.
- The pink thimble is directly above the King Arthur one.
- On the upper-right-to-lower-left diagonal of the box, the purple thimble
is one cell to the lower left of the Charles Dickens thimble.
- The blue and green thimbles are in different columns of the box.
- The red thimble doesn't have Henry VIII on it.