|Instructions for Word Division Puzzle
- Puzzle Goal
Solve the letter-for-number substitution to recover the
10-long Word Division keyword.
A different letter has replaced each number 0-9 in a standard
division problem. Solvers can type over a letter in the
body of the puzzle, or can type a letter into the keyword
sequence under 0-9 above the division problem. A Word Division
solution yields the correct math in the problem and a 10-long
word or phrase as the keyword.
- Mouse Control
- Click on a letter or number in the body of the puzzle to place the cursor there.
- Click on letter, or above an underline, in the top cipher portion of the puzzle to place the cursor there.
- Keyboard Control
- Arrows move the cursor up, down, left, or right.
- In the body of puzzle, typing a number causes it to be assigned to the
letter under it. If a number has already been assigned to that letter,
the previous assignment is removed.
In the top cipher portion of the puzzle, typing a letter that appears in the
puzzle makes the cipher assignment indicated.
- backspace clears the assignment under the cursor and moves the cursor to the left.
- delete clears the assignment under the cursor .
- space clears the assignment under the cursor and moves the cursor to the right.
- home and end move the selection to the beginning and end of the line/clue, respectively.
Note that after clicking one of the buttons below the puzzle (Save or Clear), you
must click on a letter before using the keyboard controls.
- Save records your progress. When you revisit this puzzle, your progress will be automatically loaded. Visit the help for more information.
- Clear will restart the puzzle.