All-Star Puzzles
Home Contact Help Log Innot logged in
Shaw Building, Anamosa, Iowa
Construction on the historic Shaw's Block at the northeast corner of Main and Huber, began in 1868 and the building was dedicated December 29, 1871. Like many of the buildings on Main Street, it was built by Colonel William T. Shaw.

Tenants have included: attorneys Stacy & Remley (1871); James A. Palmer, Insurance Agent; Shaw & Scoonover Bank; Chancey & Son; L. D. Gale; and Crispin and Hartman; The Town Crier; David Cleaners. The first floor often accomodated a grocery store: Matson & Higby; Matson & Shaw; Shaw and Dutton (at the time this photo was taken, pre-1909); Mills & Holtman; Jack & Jill (Jesse and Laura Conrad); Gordon's Grocery.

The Grill Cafe was located in the middle of Shaw's block. It was owned by the Ireland family for 33 years and sold in December 1948 to Mr. & Mrs. Carl Northrup.

The county offices and court room occupied the west corner of the building from 1874 until the courthouse was built in 1937. The building was demolished in 1967 and replaced with a Ben Franklin Store.
Instructions | Solution
star Play hundreds of free Picture Puzzles
Disclaimer: This puzzle was created by one of our users.
The image may be copyrighted.
When solved, hide or show the message by clicking on the image.
To report abuse, such as offensive images or text, please contact us.
To create your own puzzle, click here.
starTo play hundreds of our free Picture Puzzles, click here.

Picture Puzzles

Picture Puzzle Instructions

Click for Puzzle Instructions

Copyright © 2002-2021 Infinitas LLC. All rights reserved.
Contact | Help | Privacy Policy