|Last week when the Pheelie Awards were announced, five photographers, including
Alvarez, won places 1st-5th in the best feature photo category. Each of the
five works for a different newspaper--one for the News. Given the clues
that follow, can you find the order in which the five placed: each photog's
full name, the newspaper for which he or she works, and the title of his or her
- Emerson isn't the one who won for "Frosh Free-for-All."
- The prize winner from the Beacon didn't place 2nd.
- The photographer for the American finished one place ahead of Kevin,
who finished one place ahead of the photog honored for "Halloween Howl."
- Donnelly, who isn't Naomi, isn't the one who took "Gnu Newborn."
- Lisa, who isn't the one on the Sentinel staff, isn't the photographer
who won with "Watery Wedding."
- Mary's photo was judged one place ahead of Emerson's, which was judged
one place ahead of "Kite Krash."
- "Gnu Newborn" finished one place ahead of the photo taken by Jason, who
isn't the Sentinel award-winner.
- Castle's Pheelie photo didn't take 3rd place.
- In consecutive order first-to-last were Naomi, the Times photographer,
- Mary didn't take "Halloween Howl."