|Last week Janet Dough got phone calls from each of her five children
(daughters Cheryl and Erin and sons Alex, Bobby, and David) each telling
her about one of her five grandchildren (girls Heather, Jada, and Kendra
and boys Gareth and Ian) achieving a different babyhood "first." Given
the clues below, can you find which of Janet's children is mother or
father to each grandchild and the "first" milestone the baby reached
- Janet Dough's five children are Alex, Cheryl, Heather's parent, and
the parents whose children sat up alone and ate solid food for the
- Jada, who isn't David's child, isn't the baby who crawled for the
- Ian isn't the baby who sat up for the first time.
- Erin's child isn't the one who ate solid food for the first time.
- Alex's baby isn't the grandchild who took a first step.
- All three of Janet's sons have daughters, none of whom is the grandchild
who said "Mama" as a first word.