|This Word Square is a 5x5 grid into which the letters in the word JUMP
have been written so that each letter occurs once and only once in each row
and column of the square. The letters may or may not be scrambled in a row
or column, and a space appears somewhere in each row and column to fill the
grid. An example of a Word Square with the word HELP is
|1 ||H || ||L ||P ||E |
|2 ||P ||H ||E || ||L |
|3 ||L ||E ||P ||H || |
|4 || ||L ||H ||E ||P |
|5 ||E ||P || ||L ||H |
Given the clues about letter and space locations that follow, you should be
able to reconstruct our JUMP for Joy Word Square. (Note: Letter
locations are given without regard to the spaces; for example, the 3rd letter
down column 1 means the letter in either the 3rd or 4th row, depending on
where the space is in the column.)
- J then M are in consecutive cells across row 2.
- The space in column 1 is not in row 5.
- M is the 3rd letter across row 1.
- Down column 2, P is immediately followed by J.
- M is the 4th letter down column 5.
- In row 3, P and U are not in adjacent cells.
- J is the 2nd letter down column 1.
- M then U are in consecutive cells down column 3.
- J immediately follows U down column 5.
- P is not the 2nd letter down column 3.