|This summer, each of Chelsea and four friends who are majoring in drama
at Summerset State will sing the leading role in a local musical production,
with one actress portraying Velma Kelly in Chicago. From the clues
that follow, you should be able to solve for each young actress's full name,
the part she will sing this summer, and the venue where the musical work is
- The drama student working at the Pantheon, which isn't the venue offering
West Side Story this summer, is neither Ms. Hart nor Ms. Sondheim.
- The young singer playing Belle in Beauty and the Beast, who is
neither Heather nor Julia, and the drama student in the Barrymore Center
production are suitemates at Summerset State.
- Ashley and Ms. Arlen once did a Summerset State production of
- Heather and Ms. Bernstein have never done any professional musical
theater before appearing in their upcoming productions.
- Kate isn't the woman portraying Maria in West Side Story.
- The one appearing at the Take-a-Bow Dinner Theater isn't Ms. Hart.
- Julia, who isn't Ms. Bernstein, isn't the young actress with the role in
the Prairie Playhouse musical.
- Ms. Sondheim, who isn't Kate, isn't the actress with the part in the
Take-a-Bow Dinner Theater production nor the one whose summer musical
acting experience is being gained at the Prairie Playhouse.
- The budding actress working this summer at the Sagamore Arts Guild isn't
playing Sandy in Grease.
- Kate, who isn't the one performing at the Pantheon, and Ms. Hart attend
the Larry Oliver Acting Workshop in addition to their drama studies at
- Ms. Webber, who isn't playing Maria in West Side Story, isn't
appearing at either the Prairie Playhouse or the Sagamore Arts Guild.
- The five young actresses are Kate, Ms. Arlen, the one in the Take-a-Bow
Dinner Theater production, the young lady playing Sandy in Grease,
and the one with the Sally Bowles role in Cabaret.