|Over the weekend, the five partners in the Summerset firm of
Dewey, Cheatham, Ouida, Munney, & Howe made their annual office
move per their original operating agreement: each year, the
five attorneys swap floors in their five-story building so that
across time all will share in the benefits and the disadvantages
of each floor 1-5. Given the clues that follow, can you find
the full name and type of law in which each specializes (one
practices Property Law), the floor he or she occupied for the
last year, and the floor he or she now has in the firm's building?
- The most any of the five moved up or down in the firm's spaces
is two floors.
- Tony moved to a higher floor during the move.
- Erica and Cheatham are the most senior firm partners.
- Jeff moved down two floors in the move, with Alex moving up in
the building to Jeff's former office.
- Chad and the Criminal Law specialist are both graduates of the
Holmes School of Law.
- Alex, who isn't Dewey, didn't have the 2nd floor office before
- Howe, who isn't the Tax Law specialist, moved up one floor in
the weekend move.
- The attorney who practices Corporate Law now occupies the office
Munney had before the latest move.
- Cheatham moved down two floors into the office the partner who
specializes in Civil Law moved out of.
- The five partners are Erica, Dewey, the attorney who practices
Tax Law, the partner whose office was on the 1st floor before
the move, and the partner whose office is now on the 1st floor.