|Friday night in the quarterfinals of the state basketball tournament, five
students at Big Bend High showed their support for their team in its home game
against the Ocean City Swordfish by making bright yellow sweatshirts each
of which had one big red letter of the school's nickname emblazoned on it.
The five girls, one of whom is the Stuart girl, started the game spelling
B-E-A-R-S left-to-right as seen from the visitors side of the court; but by
the time the game ended in the excitement of double overtime with a 71-70
Big Ben win, each of the five fans had moved from her original seat to another
of the five positions. From the clues below, can you find the left-to-right
(1st-5th) order in which the five teens, and the letters BEARS, ended up the game?
- Dina and the Palmer girl play on the Big Bend girls hoops team.
- During the excitement of the game, Erin shifted two positions to
the right from where she started.
- Alicia's letter wasn't the E.
- When the game ended, Cher was seated with Alicia and the Palmer teen
next to her.
- The Rivera girl moved one seat to the left during the action, ending
up next to the Trent girl.
- When the final whistle blew, Dina ended up sitting between the Quinn
girl and the teen who wore the B sweatshirt to support the Bears.
- Brooke ended up one position to the right of where she was sitting when
the contest started.