|Five friends braved the mayhem of Black Friday to begin their Christmas
shopping. At their first stop at 4:10 a.m. in Philene's Basement, each
of the five found a gift for one of the others, with one girl buying a
purse for her friend. Given the sales results below, can you solve this
Challenger Logic Problem: how much each shopper spent on the gift she
bought and which of her friends will be getting the gift for Christmas?
- The five spent $210 among them, with the least any of the five spent
on her gift being $25.
- Cerise spent twice as much on the item she bought as the girl who
purchased a scarf did.
- Erin isn't the one who bought a necklace as a gift.
- The gloves aren't the gift Ally will be getting.
- The necklace cost $15 more than the gift Beth bought, which cost $5
more than the belt one girl selected.
- Dina spent twice as much on the item she bought as the girl who
bought a gift for Beth did.
- The gloves one girl bought cost less than the gift another bought
for Erin but did not cost the least of the five purchases.