|Peter Post works as a mailroom clerk for Bell Puzzles, delivering mail
from the 1st-floor mailroom to editorial offices on floors 2-9 of the
company building. Last Friday morning, Peter left the mailroom, delivered
mail to five Bell editors, including Spencer, and returned to his desk in
time for his mid-morning break. Each of the editors who received mail
is responsible for a different type of puzzle, with one editing word
searches for Bell magazines. Given the clues below, are you up to the
challenge of finding Peter Post's itinerary delivering Friday morning's
mail: the order first-fifth in which he which he gave the editors their
mail, the full name of each, his or her puzzle specialty, and the floor
on which he or she has an office?
- Lois received her mail in her 3rd-floor office.
- Immediately after delivering mail to Jack, Peter went down 3 floors
to deliver mail to the sudoku editor.
- Immediately after delivering mail to Rivers, Peter went up 6 floors
to give Helen her mail.
- Ian and the crosswords editor found a number of puzzle submissions
in their morning mail.
- Immediately after delivering the logic puzzles editor's mail, Peter
went down 4 floors to deliver Thurman's mail.
- The 5th floor mail delivery was to the cryptograms editor.
- Immediately after giving Kathy her mail, Peter went down 1 floor to
deliver Price's mail.
- Included in Peter's delivery rounds after he left the mailroom was
a 5-floor climb to get to one editor's office.
- Jack and fellow editor Quincy have been with Bell Puzzles for over