|Saturday at My Pet Shop, each of the first five customers bought a different
kind of animal to take home. None of the five picked Perry the Parrot, and no
wonder--the fine-feathered fellow greeted each customer with a cheeky line
that made the person wonder what else might be in the naughty bird's list
of phrases. Given the information below, can you deduce the order in which
the five customers shopped, the pet each purchased, and the line Perry the
Parrot delivered to each while he or she shopped in My Pet Shop?
- Perry told one customer to "Kiss me, cutie pie," later raised
Dr. Crane's eyebrows with a line, and then later uttered a phrase for
the person who purchased a gerbil.
- Rev. Drew, who isn't the customer who bought a poodle, isn't the person
who heard Perry say "Polly is crackers."
- The neon tetra wasn't bought by either the customer who heard the bird
say "Shuffle the cards and deal" or the one Perry treated to "How 'bout
- The customer who took home a boa constrictor isn't the one to whom Perry
screeched "I smell a rat."
- In order earliest-to-latest but not necessarily consecutive, these three
customers shopped in My Pet Shop: the one the parrot told to "Shuffle the
cards and deal," Mrs. Esch, and the person who purchased a parakeet.
- Mr. Ash's pet buy wasn't a poodle.
- Mrs. Esch isn't the customer who heard Perry declare "Polly is crackers."
- Sometime after demanding of one person "How 'bout another beer" but
sometime before talking to the customer who bought a boa constrictor,
the naughty bird made Lt. Bush blush with an unlikely phrase.