|Six senior girls, including the Vincent girl, were nominated by the members
of the Junior Class to be this year's Summerset High Prom Queen. In the
election by the entire student body, each of the contestants got a different
number of the 3200 total votes cast, with the girl elected Prom Queen
receiving 800 votes to win the title. Given the clues below, can you solve
this mathematical Logic Puzzle by finding each Prom Queen candidate's full
name and the number of votes she got in the balloting?
- Lara got 240 more votes than the Torres girl, who had twice as
many votes as Nina.
- At the Junior Class assembly to nominate Prom Queen candidates,
Kerrie was nominated just before the Roman girl was.
- The Young girl tallied half as many votes as Monica, who had 160
fewer votes than the Wilson girl.
- Monica and the Stone girl and their Prom dates are going to the
dance together in a limousine after dinner at Chez Fernand's.
- Lara and the Roman girl were Junior Attendants to the 2006 Summerset
High Prom Queen.
- Heidi, who isn't the Wilson girl, got 80 more votes than the Roman
- The girl who finished last in the contest is the school's yearbook
editor and got the votes of all 80 members of the yearbook staff.
- Jana finished 4th in the balloting.