|Last Saturday, Brett Beckham visited Summerset Mall to buy equipment for
the upcoming spring soccer season. He bought one piece of soccer gear,
including a headband, at each of five different mall sports stores.
After visiting each of the first four stores where he bought equipment,
Brett stopped by the Food Court and had something different to eat to
sustain him on his shopping excursion; after buying his fifth item, Brett
thought about a fifth trip to the Food Court but decided to go home and
eat instead. Given the clues that follow, you should be able to solve
the Logic Puzzle of the order in which Brett geared up for soccer: what
he bought at which mall store and what he had to eat after each of his
first four purchases.
- The item Brett bought right before sitting down to a cinnamon roll wasn't
- The gear Brett bought at Mike's Sporting Goods wasn't the new pair of
- Immediately after enjoying French fries from Boardwalk Fries, Brett
stopped by Champions to make his next purchase.
- Brett bought an item at the Locker Room at a later point in his shopping
tour than when he bought new soccer cleats.
- The item Brett bought in Mike's Sporting Goods wasn't the pair of shorts.
- Brett didn't buy the sweatshirt at SF Gear.
- The cinnamon roll Brett bought from Cinnamon Jim's wasn't the first of
the four food items he enjoyed.
- The store that Brett visited immediately before he ate the French fries
wasn't Mike's Sporting Goods.
- Immediately after making a buy at SF Gear, Brett enjoyed a soft pretzel
from Uncles Hughie's; he stopped in SF Gear later in his shopping trip
than in the store where he purchased the shorts.
- Immediately after buying something at Super Bowl Sports, Brett ate a
pepperoni pizza from Mama Mia's, then visited the mall store where he
purchased a sweatshirt.