|Last week, Rosemont Academy and seven other highly-ranked basketball teams
from around the country played in the prestigious Great Hoops Basketball
Tournament. The teams winning each of the four quarterfinal games were
paired in the semifinals, with the two semifinal victors then playing for
the championship. Given the results below, can you find each team's nickname
(the Eagles is one) and head coach and who defeated whom in each quarterfinal
through final tournament matchup?
- In one game, the Dukes, who were making their 11th Great Hoops Tournament
appearance, lost to the St. Aloysius High team, who aren't coached by
- Coach Thompson and the Poets coach, who isn't at Harbor High School,
frequently work at the same summer basketball clinics.
- Coach Boeheim, who doesn't coach the Cougars, and the coach from North
Hills High played college basketball together.
- Coach Knight's team upset the Tigers 77-76 in overtime in one game.
- In quarterfinal matches, Coach Smith's squad defeated Coach Dreisel's
Lions while the team from Harbor High lost to Coach Wooden's five.
- The North Hills High team isn't the Tigers.
- The Royals played York Tech in one tourney matchup.
- Coach Jackson's squad, which isn't the King High team, lost to the
Tigers in one tournament game.
- In the semifinal contests, the Aces overcame Dunbar High, and Coach
Calhoun's team was eliminated by Maple Hill Prep.
- North Hills High School faced Coach Knight's team in one matchup.
- Coach Jackson and the Harbor High School coach have both have over 500
career victories as high school head coaches.
- Coach Wooden's and Coach Jackson's teams were playing in the Great Hoops
Tournament for the first time.