|One of the hottest video games this year is The Perils of Pony Pete,
in which players guide the Wild West hero through a series of seven
action-filled adventures. In each adventure, Pony Pete carries a different
treasure or valuable item across a different Wild West landscape where
a different dangerous opponent, as well as random rattlesnakes, coyotes,
vultures, storms, etc., tries to stop him from completing his appointed
rounds. From the following notes taken from a cheat sheet for the game,
can you find the sequence in which the the perils are played: what Pony
Pete carries across each Western vista and whom he must outgun to complete
- The hero faces gunslinger Bill Killjoy in an adventure later than the one
in which he is carrying the money to open a new bank in Silverton; the
adventure in which carries the bank funds is later than the trip through
the Misty Mountains.
- The journey up Gila Cliffs isn't the one in which Pony Pete carries the
peace treaty ending the Comanchero War.
- Immediately after delivering the pardon for the Moondance Kid in one
game episode, Pony Pete shoots it out with Mexican outlaw Pancho Vino on
his next adventure.
- Pancho Vino isn't the villain Pony Pete must outwit to deliver the gold
bars to the U.S. Mint.
- Neither the Idaho land grant document nor the Fort Hook army payroll
is what Pony Pete is carrying when he faces Chief Crazy Crow.
- Pony Pete crosses the Red Desert in an earlier adventure than the one
when he carries the peace treaty; his perils in delivering the peace treaty
are in an earlier game episode than the one in which he battles Big Mama
Barber and her Boys.
- The land grant isn't the item being pursued by the Wall-Hole Gang.
- Pony Pete's journey through Vulture Pass immediately follows his
adventure carrying the Cross of San Luis.
- The Cross of San Luis isn't the item Pony Pete must get past Randall's
Raiders, a band of former Confederate cavalry.
- The hero's test delivering the full pardon for the Moondance Kid isn't
the one that takes him into the Badlands or over Vulture Pass.
- Pony Pete's fight with Bill Killjoy is on neither Ghost Mesa nor Gila Cliffs.
- On his 1st adventure, Pony Pete crosses the Badlands.
- Pony Pete hauls the gold bars on the adventure immediately after the one
that takes him through Coyote Canyon and immediately before the one that
brings him face-to-face with Randall's Raiders.
- In his 7th and last adventure, Pony Pete duels the gambler Doc Christmas.