|Word Square 10 is a 5x5 grid into which the letters in the word GAME
have been written so that each letter occurs once and only once in each row
and column of the square. The letters may or may not be scrambled in a row
or column, and a space appears somewhere in each row and column to fill the
grid. An example of a Word Square with the word HELP is
|1 ||H || ||L ||P ||E |
|2 ||P ||H ||E || ||L |
|3 ||L ||E ||P ||H || |
|4 || ||L ||H ||E ||P |
|5 ||E ||P || ||L ||H |
Given the clues about letter and space locations that follow, you should be able
to reconstruct Word Square 10. (Note: letter locations are given without
regard to the spaces; for example, the 3rd letter down column 1 would mean the
letter in either the 3rd or 4th row, depending on where the space is in the
- In row 1, E is to the immediate right of G.
- A is the 1st letter across row 5.
- E is the 2nd letter across row 3.
- Down column 5, the M in one row is followed by A in the row below.
- In column 3, G is immediately below M.
- A is the 3rd letter across row 4.
- The space in column 5 isn't in row 1.
- Down column 2, the E in one row is followed by G in the row below.
- The 4th letter across row 1 is not M.
- The G in column 1 isn't in row 3.