|Six friends--three men and three women--are enjoying various Tom Hanks
performances by each lending a DVD of one of his or her favorite movies
starring the Academy Award winner to another of the five. From the clues
below, you should be able to determine which DVD each of the movie buffs
owns and who is borrowing and currently enjoying it.
- Alex isn't the friend who is watching Linda's favorite Tom Hanks
film, and Linda isn't the one watching Robert's loaned DVD.
- Melanie, who isn't the Tom Hanks fan who owns the The
Ladykillers DVD, isn't the one borrowing Sleepless in Seattle.
- The person who is enjoying another's copy of Road to
Perdition doesn't own The Green Mile.
- Two of the men are borrowing movies owned by two of the women; the
man who is watching another man's DVD has his copy of Cast Away.
- Scott is borrowing neither Sleepless in Seattle nor
- Erica is borrowing neither The Green Mile nor Road to
- The six movie swappers are Alex, Melanie, the woman who owns the Sleepless
in Seattle DVD, the man who is borrowing The Ladykillers,
the movie lover who owns the Road to Perdition DVD, and
the person who is currently watching another's copy of