|The nominations for this year's Sporty Award, given annually
for best human interest segment by a Summerset TV sports reporter,
were announced this week; and Davis and four other personalities,
each from a different television station, were named. Each of the five
did a segment on a different local story, with one following local
high school star J. J. Jones as he was recruited to play football
by a number of bigtime college programs. Given the clues below,
can you find the full name, TV station, and human interest segment
of each Sporty nominee?
- Vanessa and Tavares once worked together on local all-sports radio.
- Brian, Price, and Tavares, who isn't on WTV-TV, are hoping their
nominations will lead to sports jobs in bigger TV markets.
- Neither Price, who isn't one who does sports on WIDE-TV, nor Rivers
did the profile of former Harlem Globetrotter Skylark Orange.
- Neither Jackson nor the WJAM-TV reporter is the one nominated for a
Sporty for a feature on the rookie manager of the Summerset
Sluggers minor league team.
- Neither Jeff nor Lisa is WJAM-TV's Sporty-nominated reporter.
- The WAIR-TV sportscaster is neither of nominees Tavares and Price.
- The nominee who featured the Special Little League in a sports
segment is neither Brian nor Vanessa.
- Lisa, Jackson, and the nominee who covered the Special Little
League have all previously won Sporty Awards for their work.
- Neither the WTV-TV sports reporter nor the one on WNEW-TV did either
the segment on ex-Globetrotter Orange or the piece on the Special
- Lisa isn't the WIDE-TV sports reporter.
- Neither of nominees Jeff and Jackson is on WIDE-TV.
- Adam, who is on neither WJAM-TV nor WIDE-TV, didn't do the nominated
segment on local Olympic kayaker Rocky Rowe.