|Jane and four other readers of mystery thriller writer Michael Connelly's
work recently held a trading lunch at which each exchanged her favorite
novel by the author for a book she hadn't read. The trading
back-and-forth among the five lasted several rounds before each
settled on a new novel to read. From the clues below, you should
be able to solve this Logic Puzzle by finding each reader's full name,
the Michael Connelly mystery she started with, and the novel he took
home with her from the bartering.
- After all the trading was done, no two of the fans ended up simply
exchanging the Michael Connelly novels they brought to trade.
- Ms. Rider ended up with the book Anne brought to trade.
- Ms. Walling didn't end up with Blood Work.
- After the trading, Ms. McCaleb took home Beth's favorite.
- At one point during the swapping of books, Faith traded The
Lincoln Lawyer to Ms. Haller for City of Bones; neither
woman brought either of those two novels to the trading table and
neither took either of those two books home with her.
- Faith and Ms. McCaleb got their favorite Michael Connelly novels
as birthday gifts.
- The reader who acquired The Poet really wanted City of
Bones, but she never had that novel in her possession at
any time during the trading-back-and-forth.
- Pam didn't acquire either Blood Work or The Narrows
from the trading.
- Anne, who isn't Ms. Haller, isn't the one who ended up with
City of Bones.
- The book Ms. Walling brought ended up going home with Ms. Bosch.
- Beth, Ms. Rider, and Ms. Haller conducted a post-trade analysis when
they drove home from lunch together.