|Saturday, Kelly and four of her friends, lured by advertisements of the
"biggest sale of the year," went Christmas shopping at Tracy's. Each of
the five found the sales pitch to be true, finding a gift for her dad--one
buying a sweater--at a great price. Given the clues below, can you solve
this Challenger Logic Puzzle by determining the item each purchased, its
original price, and its price on sale Saturday?
- The original prices ranged from a low of $30 to a high of $120, totaling
$310 for the five gifts.
- The girls ended up spending $134 total on their five gifts, from a low
of $21 to a high of $36,
- The price of Jada's gift was reduced 20% more than the price of the
tie, but Jada still paid $4 more for her item than the girl who bought
the tie for her dad paid.
- The original price of Lynne's gift was $50 more than the original price of
the gloves another girl bought her dad, but after Tracy's reductions Lynne
spent only $8 more than the gloves purchaser did.
- Maria saved $7 more than the girl who bought the belt did.
- The sale price of the dress shirt was $4 more than the sale price of
the item Nicole purchased.
- The biggest discount on any of the five items was 70% and the smallest
discount was 30%.