|Last Friday at the monthly all-hands meeting of Winkie Widget employees,
company CEO Willis Winkie honored five employees having anniversaries
with the firm with gold-plated widgets to display in their work areas.
Each of the five, including Mr. Brown, works in a different department--one
in marketing--of the company and has been with Winkie a different number of
years. Given the clues below, can you find each gold-plated widget
recipient's full name, the department in which he works, and the number
of years he has worked at the company?
- The one of the five with the most service has 20 and the one with the
least service has 6 years with Winkie Widgets.
- Bob and Mr. Green commute to work together every day.
- Jim has twice as many years service with the firm as the man who works
in the shipping department.
- Tom has been a Winkie employee 6 years longer than the honoree who is
- Mr. Grey has been with the firm longer than the production worker.
- Ray has been with Winkie twice as long as Mr. Green has.
- Mr. White isn't the one who works in the shipping department.
- Mr. Black has been with Winkie 8 years longer than Bob has.
- Dan and the honorees in the production and sales departments went out
for a drink after work to celebrate their longevity.
- Ray and Mr. Black were also given bonuses for their outstanding work
during the last 12 months.