|When the Juicereal family had breakfast Saturday morning, each of the
six children--three girls (Jana, Jenny, Julie) and three boys (Jason,
Jeffrey, Justin)--drank a different kind of juice and ate a different
brand of cereal as his or her meal. The six sat three to each side of
the table, with their mother sitting at the head and their father at the
foot. Given the clues below, can you determine which child sat in which
place at the table, going clockwise from the head, and what he or she had
to drink and eat for breakfast that day?
- The child who had Cocoa Puffs sat directly across the table from
the one who drank a glass of pineapple juice.
- Jana sat next to the child who had grape juice and directly across
from her sister Julie.
- The child who ate Count Chocula sat next to the child who enjoyed
Froot Loops and sat directly across from the one who drank pink
- Julie isn't the one who had a bowl of Alphabits.
- The child who drank apple juice sat next to the one who ate Rice
Krispies; the latter isn't Justin.
- Jeffrey sat directly across the table from the child who enjoyed
orange juice for breakfast.
- The child who ate Count Chocula cereal didn't drink pineapple juice.
- Jenny, who didn't have Cocoa Puffs, sat next to the child who had
8 oz. of cranberry juice.
- The child sitting to Mrs. Juicereal's immediate left ate Cheerios.
- The one who ate Froot Loops didn't drink grape juice.
- None of the three girls sat next to each other at the table.