|When the Polk Pottery offered a series of 12 Folk Hero Figurines with
accompanying curio box to hold them, Mrs. Sydney Slapdash immediately
ordered the set, telling her husband Sidney that it would look great
on the wall in his study. The curio box arrived first, followed by a
different figurine, including one of Daniel Boone, each month January-December.
Mrs. Slapdash placed each piece in its appropriate cubicle of the three
row-by-four column curio box when it arrived, i.e., January's in cubicle
1 through December in 12 with the box cells numbered 1-4 left-to-right
in top row 1, 5-8 left-to-right in middle row 2, and 9-12 in bottom row 3.
No sooner did the last Folk Hero go into its calendar place, however, than
Sid moved all the figurines around into an arrangement that better suited his
"sense of proportion." Given the clues that follow, can you figure out
how Sid has rearranged the Folk Heroes: which is in each cubicle of the
curio box and for what month did Polk Pottery make the piece?
- No pieces for consecutive months are in adjacent horizontal or
vertical cubicles of the curio box.
- In the top row, the Stormalong figurine is immediately to the right of the one
- The piece Polk Pottery made for May is in the 4th column of the box.
- In one row of the box, the Johnny Appleseed figurine is immediately to the right of
the Molly Pitcher one.
- In one row of the box, these three pieces are in consecutive cubicles
left-to-right: the Casey Jones figurine, the November offering, and the one of Annie Oakley.
- In one column, the July figurine is directly above the John Henry figurine.
- The cubicle in which Sid has the figurine for February doesn't touch the
cubicle in which he has placed the Annie Oakley piece in any way, either
horizontally, vertically, or diagonally.
- In the bottom row, the Pecos Bill figurine is to the immediate left of the
one Polk Pottery sent in October.
- In the 3rd column, the Davy Crockett piece is placed directly above the April
- In one column of the box, the Slue Foot Sue figurine is directly above the Paul Bunyan.
- September's Folk Hero isn't Slue Foot Sue.
- John Henry isn't the Folk Hero for November.
- In the 4th column of the curio box, the June offering is directly
below the Mike Fink figurine.
- The figurine for March isn't in the top row of the box, nor is it
horizontally next to the January piece.