|Friday morning, the first five calls to broker George George of Summerst
Securities came from Mr. Woodson and four other long-time clients, each
of whom placed an order to buy a different tech stock, one purchasing
Microsoft. The first buy order came at 9:30, with subsequent calls at
five minute intervals through the last at 9:50. Each buy order was for
a different number of shares, with the total number of shares bought
equaling 8,000. Given the records below, can you determine who bought
how many shares of what at which time?
- The Amazon buy was for twice as many shares as the purchase made
10 mins. before the Amazon one.
- Mrs. Smith's buy order wasn't the last.
- Mr. Burger, who didn't buy Dell, placed his order 5 mins. before
Mr. Childs placed his.
- Mrs. Knotts, who didn't buy Intel, bought twice as many shares as
the buyer who placed the order 5 mins. after her.
- The Google buy came at 9:50.
- The Intel order was for twice as many shares as the 9:35 order.
- The smallest order was for 500 shares of Dell.