|This morning at the Markhall Greeting Card Co., when sales figures for
the 2005 Valentine's Day campaign were announced, five of the staff were
rudely reminded that it is the day for those in love and that they had
completely forgotten to get gifts for their sweethearts. So, the
five rushed out during lunch and bought gifts, one purchasing a dozen
red roses. From the clues below, can you solve this heart-y Logic Puzzle
by getting each forgetful fellow's full name, his position at Markhall Cards,
and the last minute gift he bought today?
- The five forgetful fellows are Nick, Mr. Cross, the artist, the writer,
and the man who bought theater tickets.
- Mr. Everton isn't the designer.
- Paul, who isn't Austin, isn't the one who purchased the Godiva
- Mr. Benitez isn't the marketing director or the designer.
- Tony, who isn't the designer, bought a book of poetry for his beloved.
- Nick and the sales rep went to the mall together to make their purchases.
- Last-minute shopper Sam Donahue isn't the designer.
- Roger isn't the forgetful fellow who writes verses for the cards.
- Mr. Austin, who isn't Nick, made a lunchtime purchase of a heart
pendant for his valentine.