|After the painting fiasco in July (see Logic Problem #123) when Sid
Slapdash mixed up the colors, his wife Sydney decided to repair some of
the damage by wallpapering five of the rooms. Mrs. Slapdash picked a
different pattern for each room, wrote down very specific instructions for
Sid, and took the children for a week's visit to her mother in Florida.
Unfortunately, Sid misplaced the instructions--but he has a good memory
and remembered what wallpaper goes where. Wrong. No room actually was
done in the intended pattern but rather in one of the other four. Given
the clues below, can you solve this off-the-wall Logic Puzzle and decide
the surprise Mrs. Slapdash received when she returned: each pattern, which
room it was intended for, and which room Sid wallpapered it with?
- The five patterns are "Jasmine," the patterns picked for the living room
and the kitchen, and the wallpaper Sid used in the master bath and
- The room--not the guest bedroom--Mrs. Slapdash meant to be done in
"Palace Green" ended up being papered in "Desert Rose."
- The dining room didn't end up wallpapered with "Flight."
- The pattern Sydney picked for the dining room isn't the one that
Sid rolled in the master bath.
- "San Clemente" isn't the pattern chosen for the kitchen and isn't
the one Sid used there.
- The wallpaper that ended up in the Slapdashes' dining room isn't
the pattern bought for the master bath.
- The room Mrs. Slapdash intended to be done with "Flight" isn't the
one Sid did with "San Clemente."
- The wallpaper design Mrs. Slapdash carefully chose for the kitchen
didn't end up there, of course, nor did it end up in the guest bedroom.
- The pattern picked for the master bath isn't "Desert Rose."
- Sid did not wallpaper any pair of rooms by simply exchanging the
two patterns between them.