|Over the Christmas break, wrestlers from eight local high schools,
including Seal Bay High, competed in the 50th annual Cozy Valley Holiday
Wrestling Tournament. In the heavyweight class, eight competitors were
paired against each other in four first round matches; the four winners
advanced to semifinal pairings, with the two winners meeting for the
title. Given the match data that follow, can you determine each
wrestler's full name (one surname is Graham) and high school and who won
and lost each match of the heavyweight class competition in the event?
(Note: matches are decided either by pin or by referee's decision.)
- Will pinned McMahon in one round, then pinned the High Tor High
wrestler, who isn't Chris, in the next.
- Foley's only tournament win came over Tom.
- The Fall River High wrestler, who isn't Benoit, lost to Rick in
- In consecutive rounds, Jeff pinned the Turtle Creek High heavyweight,
then lost an 11-5 decision to the Pine Valley High wrestler.
- Jericho decisioned Angle in one match, then won a 3-2 decision over
the North Forest High heavyweight in his next match.
- Ken and the wrestler from Rocky Mount were the top two seeds entering
- In one match, Slaughter defeated Mark.
- Chris pinned Hogan when they met during the tournament.
- Bill was eliminated from title contention by the wrestler from
Wild Lake High.