|Each year, the Marmann-Niecus Christmas catalog offers five one-of-a-kind
Christmas gifts for sale to the first customers willing to pay the prices,
each of which ends in six zeros. This year's gifts, including the Jewel of
the Irrawaddy, have already been sold to five buyers, one being Mr. Gates.
Given the clues below, can you find how much each buyer paid for the
Wildest Wishes Christmas Gift he bought?
- Mr. Rockefeller paid twice as much for the one-of-a-kind gift he bought
as the man who purchased the Desert Island--complete with 26-room
mansion and Green Grotto--paid; the Desert Island wasn't the lowest
priced of the five gifts.
- The Journey into Space package, aboard a Russian rocket, cost its buyer
$6 million more than Buffett paid for his Wildest Wishes gift; the
latter cost $1 million more than the private Barbra Streisand and
Friends in Concert package cost another big spender.
- The His and Her Helicopters, complete with pilots for a year, went
for twice the amount Ellison's gift buy--which isn't the Streisand
- Buffett didn't buy the Desert Island gift.
- Mr. Walton's purchase isn't the Journey into Space.
- The most expensive of the five Wildest Wishes Christmas Gifts was
priced at $20 million while the least expensive sold for $5 million.