|In the recently concluded season of the reality TV show "Melt Down,"
five contestants vied to lose the most weight in a 10-week period.
Each of the five started the program at a different weight, with the
lightest man at 300 lbs. and the heaviest at 400 lbs; and each used
a different diet and exercise plan to shed pounds. Given the stats
below, can you deduce each contestant's full name, original weight,
weight loss, and weight at the final weigh-in on "Melt Down"?
- Jack weighed more at the final weigh-in than either Mr. Runner
or Mr. Atkins did at the start of the reality series.
- Ken finished his weight loss program at 245 lbs.
- Mr. Scales lost 20% of his initial weight during the show,
ending at the number of pounds Hal weighed at the beginning
of the contest.
- Mr. Runner was a svelte 225 lbs. when he stepped on the "Melt Down"
scales for the final time.
- Mr. Pound lost the most weight during the show, shedding 30% of his
debut weight; Fred ended up losing an even higher percentage of his
original weight than Pound.
- Mr. Craig weighed 25 lbs. more than George at the first "Melt Down"
weigh-in and 40 lbs. more at the series final weigh-in.
- Among them the five men lost 390 lbs., with the least weight
shed being 50 lbs.