|At the recent Great Frederick Fair, Marcie and four teen friends each won
a different giant stuffed animal at a different Midway game, with one
winning at the Goose Pond. Each attempt to win a prize cost a player
exactly $1, and the five spent a total of $35 among them before everyone
managed to win at the game he or she was playing. Given the clues below,
can you decide how each fared at the Fair Games: the stuffed animal he or
she won, the Midway booth at which it was won, and the amount of money at
$1 per try spent to win that prize?
- Theo spent twice as much money to win as the friend who took home
a stuffed alligator from the Great Frederick Fair.
- The teen who won the stuffed hippo needed 10 attempts to do so.
- The one who won the stuffed snake, who isn't Leah, spent $5 less to
win than the teen who played HydroJets on the Midway.
- Sammy spent twice as much to win as the player who threw footballs
at the Pro QB booth; the latter isn't Eric.
- The stuffed alligator wasn't the prize won at the Ring Toss.
- The teens who won the stuffed panda and at the Bull's-Eye Balloons
game celebrated their wins by buying and eating caramel apples.
- Leah needed more tries to win a prize than the friend who took home
the shockingly purple stuffed donkey.
- The quickest any of the five won a stuffed animal was in two attempts,
by the teen who won at the Ring Toss game.