|When Sid Slapdash and his wife Sydney decided much of the interior of their
home needed painting, Mrs. Slapdash picked a different color paint for the
living room and five other rooms. Unfortunately, she had to take the
children to Summer Fair at their school the day Sid painted the rooms with
his SuperPower Painter, so that no room actually was done in the intended
shade but rather in one of the other five. Knowing when to leave well
enough (or in this case, not well enough) alone, Sydney Slapdash decided
not to have her hapless husband redo the job. Given the clues below, can
you solve this off-color Logic Puzzle: the shade each room was intended to
be painted and the actual color Sid painted it?
- The family room was not intended to be painted nor was painted Clam Shell.
- The room that was meant to be Amethyst Creme isn't the one that Sid
painted Moon Slice; the guest bedroom neither was meant to be nor was
painted either shade.
- The room Sid was supposed to do in Clam Shell, which isn't the dining room,
was instead painted Pecan Sundae.
- Sid didn't paint the kitchen, which was meant to be done in Deep Mist,
- Sydney Slapdash picked neither Clam Shell nor Silver Cascade for the
master bath; Sid didn't paint the master bath either color.
- The room meant to be done in Moon Slice, which isn't the dining room,
didn't end up rolled in Amethyst Creme paint.
- The room Sid mistakenly painted Clam Shell isn't the dining room.
- The room Sid did in Deep Mist rather than the Silver Cascade his wife
chose for it isn't the dining room.