|Each work morning, Walt Wheeler drives a van carrying himself and six fellow
riders--three women (Alison, Jane, Margaret) and three men (Derek, Todd,
Wayne)--to jobs in downtown Summerset. Walt lets the van poolers, each of
whom works at a different downtown employer, including one at Steel City Canning,
off the van in the same order each a.m. and picks them up each p.m. in reverse
of the morning order, with each rider's stop being a different street.
Given the information that follows, can you solve the Van Pool Logic Puzzle:
the order in which the riders depart the van each morning, each rider's
full name (one last name is Curry), the street where he or she leaves the
van, and his or her place of employment in downtown Summerset?
- Todd, who isn't the rider who works at Pennant Publishing, gets out
of the van immediately before the person who departs at Maple St. does.
- Margaret gets off the van immediately before Mr. Harding, who gets out
one stop ahead of the rider who is dropped off on Birch St.
- Ms. Wilcox is still in the van when the person whose last name is
Gillette departs the van pool.
- In the evening, Wayne gets back on the van one stop before the person
who gets on at Poplar St.; the person whose stop is Poplar isn't the
one who is employed at Jakob & Marley Securities.
- The Chestnut St. stop isn't for Derek.
- Each a.m., these three riders get out of the van in consecutive
first-to-last order: the one who departs at Oak St., Alison, and the
person who works at Pennant Publishing.
- Margaret and the van pooler who gets off at Maple St. downtown live
in the same townhouse community in the suburb of Fallingwater.
- Each morning, when the one who works at Macrocosm Software gets out
of the van, Ms. Morgan gathers her belongings because she is next to
leave the van pool.
- Each p.m., Jane boards the van immediately after the 2nd National Bank
loan officer does.
- The rider who gets out of the van 3rd each morning, who isn't Alison,
works as a psychologist at the Children's Clinic.
- Mr. Broome isn't the van pool rider whose stop is Elm St.