|This year, the bestselling Farmdale FFA calendar features local animals,
including one named Chester, in different farm poses. Each of the 12 kinds
of animals--one being a pig--appears as "Animal of the Month" for one month
January-December, 2004. Given the calendar chronology below, can you
determine the name and kind of farm animal featured each month? (Note: it
should not be assumed that an animal has a name that matches its gender.)
- The cat appears one month before Beau does.
- Kate is featured one month before the cow and two months ahead of Duke.
- Harvey is at home on Maple Farm, while the cat and goose reside at
Lookout Mountain Farm.
- July's guest animal is Jasmine the sheep.
- The donkey is in the calendar one month before the chicken, whose name
- For three consecutive months first-to-last, the animal stars are Lulu,
Harvey, and the horse.
- Elmer's layout isn't November's.
- The rabbit is featured earlier in the year than December.
- October's animal is Annie, who is neither the cow nor the horse.
- Ike's photo appears one month before Ginny's, which is for the month
before the dog's.
- Frances is featured one month after the goose is.
- Kate isn't the cat or horse.
- In their calendar photos, Lulu and the donkey are both shown eating.
- The turkey is "Animal of the Month" one month before the goat is.