|Thousands of tourists drive the Autumn Leaves Trail each fall to enjoy
the multihued vista of changing seasons. The Trail starts in Summerset
and goes north 10.0 miles to Fallbrook. Five scenic spots highlight the
drive, each providing parking along the narrow road with a spectacular
view of a different Trail attraction; each scenic spot is at a different
milepost designating its distance from Summerset in tenths of a mile.
Given the road map data below, can you determine at what milepost along
the Autumn Leaves Trail each viewpoint is located?
- No two consecutive scenic spots are the same distance apart; the
longest drive between any two consecutive locations (including end points)
on the Trail is 3.6 miles, while the shortest is .4 miles.
- The distance along the Autumn Leaves Trail from Summerset to Cucumber
Creek equals the distance going north from Old Man Mountain to the
White Oak Inn.
- The Amish Covered Bridge, which isn't the last scenic spot along the
route, is 1.0 miles south of Fallbrook.
- The Cucumber Creek spot is twice as far from the Sugar Maple Farm
stop as it is from the Old Man Mountain viewpoint.
- The White Oak Inn and Cucumber Creek photographic opportunities lie
more than 5.0 miles apart.
- The first scenic spot on the Trail is at milepost 1.8 north of Summerset.