|In this year's just-played Wobbledown Women's Tennis Championship, Cheryl and
seven other women players reached the quarterfinals, where four of them
won to advance to the semifinals; the two semifinal winners then met for
the Women's Singles title on Sunday. All matches were best 2-out-of-3
sets. Given the match results below, can you solve this tricky Logic
Puzzle by scoring who won and lost each match (quarterfinals, semifinals,
and final) of Wobbledown 2003?
- Debbie, who isn't Miss King, won one set by a 6-0 score.
- In a quarterfinal match, Erica defeated Miss Wade 6-2, 6-1.
- Faith lost one of the semifinal matches 6-4, 6-3.
- In one match during the three rounds, Miss Evert outlasted Miss
Riggs 6-4, 6-7, 6-2.
- Miss Trabert exited Wobbledown before the championship final, losing
her last match 6-3, 6-0.
- Beth upset the higher-seeded Miss King in one match.
- Faith, Miss Connors, and Miss Gonzales entered the tournament as
- Heather and Miss Evert team for Women's Doubles competition.
- Alicia faced Miss Connelly in one match in the three rounds.
- Jenny and Miss Wade both use Wilson tennis rackets.
- During their matches in the three rounds, Heather lost a total of
four sets while Miss Gonzales lost a total of three.