|Last Friday morning, Zeke of ZZZ Road Service answered calls to assist
Mr. Leonard and four other motorists who were having car trouble. Each
call was to a different street, with one to Old Mill Pike, and each was
for a different make of auto, one for a Ford. Given Zeke's log entries
below, can you put the calls in order 1st-5th: the person needing help,
the street on which he or she was stranded, the make of car, and the
problem requiring ZZZ Road Service?
- In addition to the 3rd service call, Zeke also responded to these four
motorists' calls Friday morning (in no particular order): Miss Martin,
the one stranded on Shadow Way, the person who had locked the keys
in the car, and the Dodge owner.
- The call to aid Mrs. Johnson, which wasn't to Hornbeam Court, wasn't
the one to jumpstart a dead battery.
- Immediately after working on the Toyota in trouble, ZZZ Road Service
drove to the Honda needing help; the Honda wasn't his last call of the
- In consecutive order, Zeke aided Mr. Kelly, then assisted the motorist
on Technical Drive, and then towed another's vehicle to a repair shop.
- Immediately after helping Mrs. Nixon, ZZZ assisted the Buick driver.
- Consecutively, these three service calls were made: the one to the
out-of-gas vehicle, then the one to Randall Road, and then the one
to assist Mrs. Johnson.
- Right after he completed the call to Hornbeam Court, which wasn't
for the vehicle that was out of gas, Zeke changed a flat tire on
another auto--not the Honda.
- The Toyota wasn't the car serviced on Technical Drive.
- Miss Martin and the Buick owner had their service paid for under their