|Last Monday, the six couples, including the Trentons, who live in the
apartment building at 11888 Cozy Way had a Memorial Day cookout, with
each bringing a different picnic food to the event. The six apartments
in which the couples dwell flank a central stairwell and are numbered 1A,
2A, and 3A from bottom to top on the left side of the entrance opposite,
respectively, 1B, 2B, and 3B on the right side. Given the clues below,
can you find each couple's Apt. #, their full names, and what they furnished
for the communal cookout?
- The Oldmans and the couple who made the fruit bowl live on the same
floor of 11888 Cozy Way.
- Dan, who isn't Irina's husband, and Mr. Steiner had the original idea
of having a communal cookout.
- Chad and his wife, who aren't Mr. & Mrs. Ruland, aren't the couple who
brought the sodas to the event.
- The couple who made the baked beans live in the apartment directly
above that of the Mr. & Mrs. Preston, who isn't Monica.
- One floor of the building is occupied by Ed and his wife and Irina and
- Bill and his spouse live on a different floor than the couple who made
the potato salad for the cookout.
- On one side of the building, Dan and his wife live directly above the
Rulands, who live directly above the couple who bought the sodas.
- Chad and his wife live directly across the stairwell from the Steiners
on one floor of 11888 Cozy Way.
- Art and his wife occupy the apartment directly above that of Naomi and
her husband, who didn't bring the sodas to the party.
- Mr. & Mrs. Quivers live in the apartment directly below that of the
couple who supplied the hot dogs and buns; the latter aren't Louisa
and her husband.
- Jessica and her husband aren't the couple in Apt. 1B.
- Ed isn't Mr. Steiner.
- Mrs. Oldman asked the woman who made the baked beans for her recipe.
- Irina, who is neither Mrs. Oldman nor Mrs. Quivers, isn't the wife
who made the fruit bowl.
- Monica and her husband, who isn't Frank, don't live on the 3rd floor
of the building.
- Neither Helena and her husband nor Louisa and hers brought the
hamburgers and buns to the cookout.