|Word Square 2 is a 5x5 grid into which the letters in the word TIME have
been written so that each letter occurs once and only once in each row and
column of the square. The letters may or may not be scrambled in a row or
column, and a space appears somewhere in each row and column to fill the grid.
An example of a Word Square with the word TIME is
|1 ||T || ||M ||E ||I |
|2 ||E ||T ||I || ||M |
|3 ||M ||I ||E ||T || |
|4 || ||M ||T ||I ||E |
|5 ||I ||E || ||M ||T |
Given the clues about letter and space locations that follow, you should be able
to reconstruct Word Square 2 in a TIMEly manner. (Note: letter locations
are given without regard to the spaces; for example, the 3rd letter in column 1
would mean the letter in either the 3rd or 4th row, depending on where the space
- Among the letters going down column 5, E is the next letter below M (Note that
there could be a space between them).
- The 3rd letter to appear in the order in row 3 is T.
- The 1st letter down column 4 is E.
- I is the 4th letter in the column 1 sequence.
- In row 3, the I and M are not in adjacent columns of the Square.
- E is the 3rd letter in row 4.
- The 3rd letter across row 5 is I.
- In column 1, M and E are not in consecutive rows.
- In row 2 of Word Square 2, E is the 3rd letter.
- In the letter order in column 3 , I appears 2nd.