|While waiting for a hydroshuttle at Rattatattoo Spaceport, Kirk Spock,
Milky Way Candy's sales rep for the Farout Star system, noticed that each
of five deep space tabloids was reporting a sighting of Elvis Presley on a
different planet of the galaxy. After reading all five stories, including
the one of the King driving a Pink Taxillac on one world, Spock knew they
couldn't all be right since the five different dates were too close in
time for Elvis to have traveled from one place to another. Given the
information below, can you solve the Challenger Logic Puzzle of the Elvis
Sightings: on what date each occurred, the tabloid reporting the event,
what the King was doing at the time, and the planet on which he was
- The Elvis Presley sighting reported in the News of the Milky Way
story happened 4 days before the sighting of the King playing Ratiug
in a skiffle band on one planet; the latter sighting occurred 8 days
before Elvis was spotted on the planet Upleto.
- The sighting reported in Orbit was earlier in the month than
the one on iiBluahewa, which isn't the planet where Elvis was seen
working as a platinum miner.
- The Elvis sighting on the planet Landograce happened 10 days before
the sighting featured in the Weekly Planet.
- The sighting on Casprilli isn't the one of Elvis as a guard at the
Rock Jailhouse or the one of Elvis working in a platinum mine.
- Elvis was seen working as a short order cook at the Fried Sananab Grill
on one planet 5 days before he was sighted according to the story in
- The sighting reported by the Universal Enquirer occurred 3 days
before the King was seen on the planet Revenrowon.
- The first of the five sightings occurred on 8 Asimova and the last 14
days later on 22 Asimova.