|Last evening, between signing on her computer at 9:00 and off at 9:55
to work on her C++ programming class, Carly received five e-mails,
each from a different friend, including Tara. Each friend has a
different SID, with one being cheer1, and uses a different mail host;
each e-mail was about a different subject, with one being about the
latest Eminem video. Given the timing info below, can you determine
at what time each e-mail arrived (times are in whole minutes) and who
sent each, her SID and mail host and the topic of her e-mail to Carly?
- The shortest interval between consecutive e-mails was 8 mins.
- The friend who uses justinfan as her SID isn't the one who e-mailed
the latest boy-girl gossip.
- The e-mail with the msn.com address, which arrived at 9:50, wasn't
the one about math homework.
- The time between Alicia's e-mail and the one reminding Carly to
watch a TV show at 10 was twice that of the time between the e-mail
from the girl with comcast.com as her mailing host and the one
reminding her about the TV show.
- Marci, who didn't send the gossipy e-mail, sent an earlier e-mail
than the friend who uses aol.com.
- The e-mail about the upcoming dance, which didn't come over msn.com,
arrived 9 mins. after the e-mail that preceded it.
- Four e-mails were as follows: the interval between the e-mail from
sweetsound and the one which followed it and asked for homework help
was twice the interval between Jenny's e-mail and its immediate
successor, the one sent using yahoo.com.
- Emily's e-mail came next after lilone's, with 16 mins. between them.
- The girl who calls herself volleyballr didn't send the e-mail about
the TV show and isn't the one who uses juno.com as a mail host.