|Last Friday, Stu Snackerman finished his vending machine route by servicing
the five machines, one on each floor 1st-5th, in the Summerset Professional
Building. Each machine sells a different product--one sells ice cream--and
is located in the offices of a different company. From the clues below, can
you trace Stu's Friday trail and determine the order in which the machines
were serviced: the product sold by the machine, the name of the company in
whose spaces the machine sits, the type of business the company does (one is
an insurance agency), and the floor on which the machine and company are
located? (Note: The floors are numbered 1st-5th in the American fashion,
so that the 1st floor is the ground floor.)
- Including going from his van to the first machine and returning to his
van from the last machine, Stu went up in the elevator twice and down in
the elevator four times in visiting each of the five machines once.
- The candy machine isn't the one in the advertising agency's spaces.
- The sandwich vending machine isn't the one on the 1st floor.
- Stu serviced these three machines consecutively first-to-last: the one
in Wes Westerfield, Inc.'s spaces, the one on the 4th floor, and the
one in the offices of the advertising agency.
- Immediately after servicing the machine in the Moon & Beam offices, Stu
restocked the almost empty candy machine.
- Stu serviced the machine in the attorneys' offices, then filled the one
in the Milton Frobischer spaces; the one in the Milton Frobischer offices
isn't the soda machine.
- Immediately before visiting the machine in the Harvard Bros. offices, Stu
serviced the machine on the 3rd floor.
- Immediately after servicing the machine in the Delay & Sons offices, Stu
restocked the sandwich vending machine.
- Wes Westerfield, Inc. are not the attorneys-at-law.
- Immediately after refilling the machine in the real estate office, Stu
took the elevator down to the offices where he serviced the machine
- Harvard Bros. are not the accountants, who also have one of Stu's machines.
- The soda machine isn't on the 5th floor.