|Last Friday, the five staff members of Summerset Free Library--three
women (Heather, Linda, Maria) and two men (John, Kevin)--exchanged
novel Christmas gifts: each gave one of the others a work by a bestselling
author, with one person bringing a Patricia Cornwell mystery. Given the
information below, can you determine the full names of the library
staff (one surname is Schmidt) and who gave which author to whom?
- Linda didn't draw Kevin's name when the exchange was organized
and who would give a gift to whom was decided.
- The five staff members are Maria, Ms. Queen, Mr. Turner, the person
who gave another a Dean Koontz bestseller, and the one who received
a Michael Crichton novel as a gift.
- John wrapped his gift to Ruiz in bright red paper.
- Linda and Ms. Presley work the information desk at the library.
- Kevin, who didn't get the Michael Crichton work, gave the person
whose name he drew a Nora Roberts Chesapeake saga book.
- The staffer who brought a James Patterson thriller to the exchange
isn't the one to whom Maria gave a gift.
- Neither Heather nor Linda brought the Michael Crichton book.
- Ruiz isn't the secret Santa who gave a Dean Koontz novel to a
fellow staff member.
- No two people drew each other's names so there was no simple
exchange of novels between two staffers.