|The 10 high school teams, including Ocean City, in the Canyon Football
Conference opened their 2002 seasons Saturday by pairing off in five
big games, one featuring the Wolves and their traditional first-game
opponents. Given the information below, you should be able to score a
Logic Puzzle TD by finding the nicknames of each pair of schools who
faced each other and the final score of each game.
- The most points scored by a losing squad was 20; only one victorious
team tallied fewer than 20 points, prevailing 10-8.
- In one game, La Mesa High School trounced the Oilers, 35-6.
- The results of the five openers were as follows: Wildlake High
School was crushed, 49-0; Long Branch High's offense put up 33
points; the Coyotes scored a victory; the Lions tasted defeat;
and one contest ended in a score of 27-14.
- The Cowboys played Van Buren High, who aren't the Engineers.
- The Milton Bradley Giants, after an 0-10 season in 2001 in which
they gave up more than 30 points in every game, held their 2002
season-opening foes, who weren't the Bulldogs, to fewer than 30.
- Mt. Holly started the season by visiting Eastern Vo-Tech, who
aren't the Lions.
- Cozy Valley High defeated the Sharks, who were the only team to score
points on a punt return for a touchdown.
- The Cardinals, who aren't from Long Branch High, upset Safe
Harbor High on Saturday.
- The Engineers' star running back Lionel Trayne scored six points
on an 88-yard TD dash from scrimmage.