|When Mike Mayflower and his family recently moved into a larger house,
Bill and seven other of Mike's friends helped with the move from the
old residence. In the morning, the eight paired off so that each
twosome packed and loaded one downstairs room (living room, dining
room, family room, kitchen); in the afternoon, the eight formed four
new duos, each then moving one upstairs room (master bedroom, boy's
bedroom, girl's bedroom) or the garage. Given the Moving Day data
below, can you decide how the men paired off in the a.m. and p.m.
and what room each duo moved for the Mayflowers?
- In the morning, three of the pairs who worked on the downstairs
were Jack and Mr. Newman, Dave and Mr. Lopez, and the twosome
who packed up the kitchen.
- Mr. Sanders wasn't one of the family room movers.
- Ian and Mr. Preston didn't partner during the move.
- One man helped load the dining room in the a.m. and the boy's
bedroom in the p.m.
- The area Al and Mr. Rubens packed when they partnered wasn't the
- Newman and Lopez didn't work together during the afternoon.
- Thoreau didn't help move the kitchen in the morning or the
garage in the afternoon.
- Greg paired with Ian in the a.m. and Ed in the p.m.
- In the afternoon, Chad helped with the boy's bedroom.
- In the morning, Mr. Wilcox and Mr. Thoreau worked in different
- Newman's afternoon wasn't spent helping move the girl's bedroom.
- Ian and his morning mate weren't the twosome who packed up the
- Ed and Lopez work with Mike Mayflower at Vaporware, Inc.
- Mr. Miller wasn't one of the two who worked on loading the master
bedroom furniture into the Hertz truck.
- In the afternoon, Jack teamed with Thoreau and Dave paired with
Wilcox; neither duo moved the girl's bedroom.