|Last week, the Sand family enjoyed a vacation at a seaside cottage
on Southern Cay, the last of six small islands called the
Carolina Cays that go from south to north toward the Carolina
mainland. The cays are joined in series by bridges so that
Southern Cay is connected to the first cay north of it by a bridge,
the first cay is connected to the second-most-northerly island by
a bridge, etc., with the fifth, most-northerly, island then connected
by the Cays Gateway Bridge to the mainland. Each night of the week Monday-Friday
the Sands dined at a different restaurant--one evening sampling
the pulled pork at Mr. Pigg's BBQ--with each restaurant being in
a town on a different one of the five cays between Southern
Cay and the mainland. Given the logs below, can you determine
the geography of the Carolina Cays by finding their order south-to-north
and the order of the bridges that connect them in series between
Southern Cay and the mainland, as well as finding at which restaurant,
in which town, and on which evening the Sand family dined on each of
the five cays during summer vacation?
- On Monday, the last bridge the Sand family crossed to get to
the restaurant where they dined, which wasn't on the
northernmost cay in the string, was the Sunken Galleon Bridge.
- The McDonald's where the Sand children insisted on eating one
evening isn't on Blackbeard Cay or Coral Cay.
- Friday's meal wasn't at Feeney's Fish & Chips, which isn't
the restaurant on Shark Cay.
- The Sands ate dinner in Kingsport on Tuesday evening.
- The day after they were at a restaurant in Ocean City, the
family drove through Ocean City on their way to a restaurant
- After turning onto Carolina Cay Highway from the parking
lot of the Jamaica Jerk Cafe, where they had just eaten,
the Sands immediately drove across the Gold Arch Bridge
on the return to their cottage; the cafe, which isn't the
northernmost of the five restaurants, isn't on Blackbeard
- On Thursday evening, driving to dinner, the family crossed
the bridge from Shark Cay to the island where Spanish Harbor
is situated; they then reached the next cay north via the
Sir Francis Drake Bridge.
- Dinner at Joe's Crab Shack was the evening before the meal
at the Delmar Beach restaurant.
- After their dinner in Kingsport, the Sand family only drove
through the town one time to eat somewhere else north.
- En route to McDonald's one evening, the Sands drove over the
Royal Reef Bridge; on another evening, they crossed the
bridge en route to a restaurant on Petit Cay.
- Joe's Crab Shack isn't on Petit Cay.
- Ocean City isn't on the first cay north of Southern Cay.
- When the Sands ate on Grand Cay, the first bridge they
crossed to return to their vacation cottage was the Blue
Marlin Bridge; the Blue Marlin Bridge isn't the first one
south of the Cays Gateway Bridge.
- On their trip to Feeney's Fish & Chips, the family didn't
cross the Sunken Galleon Bridge.