|For Father's Day yesterday, each of Paul Pere's four children, including
the Duke student, gave him a gift emblazoned with the name of the
university where he or she has just completed a different year (senior,
junior, sophomore, and freshman) of study. One of the gifts is a gold
key ring. From the clues below, can you determine which gift Mr. Pere
received from each and the year of college he or she has now completed?
- The four Pere children are Danielle, the one who attends Rice
University, the one who gave Paul a coffee mug, and the one who
completed freshman year.
- Neither Chad nor Tanya is the one at Stanford University.
- The freshman isn't attending Northwestern.
- The child who gave dad a baseball cap is one year ahead of Chad,
who isn't a junior, in school.
- The one who gave Paul a seat cushion isn't the senior.
- Jeremy is ahead of the Northwestern University student in college.
- Danielle's gift isn't the baseball cap.
- The coffee mug doesn't have "Stanford" emblazoned on it.